Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
149 Garfield St, SANTA ROSA BEACH
Never before have the possibilities for this unique Grayton Beach property been so clear. Currently host to a modernized, 1950s beach home, this lot & a half has a brand-new, wood privacy fence delineating its untapped potential. Relax beside the pool & contemplate what could be. In front, a freshly laid paver parking pad leads to an inviting front porch - the perfect place to ''lollygag.'' Flickering gas lanterns frame the front entrance, ushering you into a succession of open, light-filled living spaces characterized by original wood floors, painted beadboard ceilings & charming coastal decor. An up-to-date kitchen designed by Matt Savoie appears perfectly period with its checkerboard floor, pot rack, and stainless steel backsplash, tying in matching appliances and sleek stone counters.Each of its three, updated baths feature unique stone and tile treatments - exhibiting the kind of character you'd expect to find in an established home. In no other room is this character better demonstrated than in the bunk room. The treehouse-inspired bunk beds include a hidey-hole, perch, and cozy alcoves with recessed lighting. There's ample floor space for spreading out with a board game, as well as a built-in media and storage cabinet. Less than a block away is Red Bar - a time-tested, local favorite serving simple fare, drinks and music, as well as Chiringo - a more recent, nonetheless popular addition. Cart your kayaks or paddle boards to the nearby launch on Western Lake and explore the serene waters of South Walton's largest coastal dune lake, ensconced by the natural beauty of Grayton Beach State Park. Finally, should you wish to venture beyond this historic setting, Scenic Highway 30A and its paved bike path will take you anywhere you could possibly want to go, such as neighboring WaterColor, and Seaside.
- MLS® #811990
- Full Baths3
- Square Footage1,255
- Year Built1950
- TypeDetached Single Family
- StyleFlorida Cottage
- AmenitiesFishing, TV Cable Available, Boat Launch
- UtilitiesElectric Available, Public Sewer Available, Public Water Available, TV Cable Available
- ParkingOther, Detached
- Has PoolYes
- PoolPrivate, Pool - In-Ground, Community
- ExteriorFrame, Roof Metal, Foundation Off Grade, Siding Wood, Trim Wood
- Exterior FeaturesPorch Covered, Shower, Columns, Deck Open, Fenced Lot-All, Fenced Privacy, Patio Open, Pool - In-Ground, Porch Open
- Lot DescriptionInterior, Survey Available, Within 1/2 Mile Of Water, Irregular, Level, Restrictions
- RoofRoof Metal
- FoundationFoundation Off Grade
- Days on Website110
- ZoningResidential Single Family
- Address149 Garfield St
- AreaSouth Santa Rosa Beach
- SubdivisionGRAYTON BEACH
- CitySANTA ROSA BEACH
- Zip Code32459
- Interior FeaturesFloor Hardwood, Floor Tile, Lighting Recessed, Pantry, Washer/Dryer Hookup, Window Treatment All, Furnished - Some, Walls Paneled
- AppliancesCooktop, Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Microwave, Oven:Self Cleaning, Refrigerator, Refrigerator W/Ice Maker, Smoke Detector, Smooth Stovetop Rnge, Stove/Oven Electric, Washer, Range Hood
- HeatingHeat: Central Electric, A/C: Central Gas, Heat: Central Gas
- CoolingA/C: Central Electric, Ceiling Fans, A/C: Central Gas
- # of Stories1
- ElementaryVAN R. BUTLER
- MiddleEMERALD COAST
- HighSOUTH WALTON
- Listing Office:The Premier Property Group Watercolor Office
DISCLAIMER: Information Deemed Reliable but not guaranteed. The information being provided is for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
All listings are provided courtesy of the Emerald Coast Association of Realtors, Copyright2019, All rights reserved.
Listing information last updated on March 24th, 2019 at 4:45pm CDT.